Alive and Well and Living in Absentia

The Dharma Bum: Part Deux

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ugh.

What kind of asshole wears a bikini to a deep water aquasize class?! And apparently said bikini-wearer does not understand the difference bewteen clockwise and counter-clockwise. I should have beaned her with my flotation belt. Seriously.

I was going to write cd reviews today. But don't feel like it. I will say this though...

The Strokes third cd still does not capture the energy of their first. As always, their songs are pretty catchy, but damn they sure rip off a lot of riffs from other bands! This time around... the Pogues and Sigur Ros. Jury's still out on this one... it may take a few more rotations in the old cd player.

Propagandhi's newest disc, Potemkin City Limits just kicks ass. They've moved on from their primarily anti-American stance to verbally assaulting the tenants of Rideau Hall. The "not in my backyard" outlook definitely doesn't apply to them. Straight outta Compton... err... Winnipeg, these guys are hardcore and intelligent.

And now I will leave you with an exerpt from a letter I wrote to my good friend Lisa, who is currently seeing the world while on tour with Broken Social Scene. I wrote to her last night and thought I sounded clever. So I'll share that with you.

I like to play a game called "Where in the World is Lisa Lobsinger?" it is sort of like Where in the World is Carmen San Diego - except you are not a fleeing criminal and I am not a special agent with Interpol. So really, all this game involves is guessing which city you are currently in, and then looking on the B.S.S. website to see if I'm right! It's an activity that is just time-consuming enough to distract me from doing real work. However, I can't spend too much time on the B.S.S. website, because then I become envious and wistful, and then I start thinking "hmmm... wouldn't it be just incredible to see Lisa perform in (insert exotic city here)..." and then I am brought back to the horrifying reality in which I realize that seeing as I couldn't afford to go to the B.S.S. show in Calgary - it would be very unlikely that I could ever afford to see you guys play in some wonderful old European city!!! So sad!

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger soapyDave said...

the crazy British say anti-clockwise, which is just so negative. i myself prefer the term "wittershins"

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger soapyDave said...

oops, that's how gina enunciates it - apparently it's actually "widdershins"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home