Alive and Well and Living in Absentia

The Dharma Bum: Part Deux

Thursday, March 30, 2006

In the meantime

While it may appear that I've been quite neglectful of my little old blog lately, in reality I open this page at least a couple times a day in desperation - trying to think of anything to write... but I'm a blank. The past few weeks have been a gong show... so busy with school and work and job-hunting and crisis-averting and dad-avoiding... and yet it's been intensely boring. Really the only thing I look forward to is the next weekly episode of America's next top model - mostly because I enjoy looking at "renowned photographer Nigel Bahrker" for the few moments he apears on the show. Oh sexy British guy.....my life is too sad for words.
However, a few interesting snippets have appeared in recent days. Last week I watched all of season one of Little Britain - which was a scream! If I disliked the Trailer Park Boys before, I absolutely detest them now, because obviously they ripped "Bubbles" off of Little Britain's "Andy". For shame.
Last weekend I went out for dinner with my friends Sean and Candice - who are expecting their first little bundle of joy in a month and a half. It's horrible to say, but I was pleasantly surprised when they phoned out of the blue to make dinner plans. Usually the married ones want little to do with a singleton like me. However, their excitement is contagious, and I can't wait to be "Aunti Autumn".
On Tuesday morning I had a job interview with West Jet - supposedly they would e-mail me in 2 weeks to let me know if I got the job, but what do you know?! They liked me so darn much they called me back three hours later! Swell, hey?
Tuesday night my friend Derek invited me to see The Vagina Monologues, which I must admit was not high on my list of favored events to attend. (Mostly because I am forever being hit on by other women, and the fact that I'm just not a "Hooray for my Vagina!" sort of person - me being from Saskatchewan and all.) But I tagged along and it was a well done presentation - very funny and very sobering too. At the very least, it made me ponder what my vagina would wear. (Which I can guarantee I have never thought about before, but since you ask, wooden clogs.)
Yesterday I received the invitation to Len and Cheryl's wedding in the mail. It was actually more like a wedding package, but I was quite excited because I felt like I had just joined a fan club and was now receiving my membership kit! I'm thrilled that their wedding gives me a chance to go to the zoo for a day, I haven't been there since I was 8. And seeing as I donated money to that Destination Africa wing, I feel I ought to see what all the fuss was about. I love weddings. And zoos. Fox family weddings are akin to a wedding at the zoo. Maybe more like the San Diego Wild Animal Park. While there is a rhino stampede. But I digress.
Look at that! It's 8:47pm! I can go home in 13 minutes! My plan to distract myself from staring at the clock actually worked!!! I'm almost free!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger kelsey said...

Are you saying you got a job at Westjet?

Can't wait to hear everything tomorrow!!!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger bubba said...

congrats on the new job!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home