Alive and Well and Living in Absentia

The Dharma Bum: Part Deux

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Because I'm tired of feeling guilty for feeling angry.

I have lately been informed that my father is having a relationship with his secretary. Ever tactful, he let me know this via my answering machine. (Not the secretary part - my sister filled me in on that one.) In under six months, my dad - who was once my hero - has become a coward, a cliche, and the king of disappointments.

I am currently in Regina - spending my Reading Week packing up all of my childhood things. There is a lot of recycling to do! My mum was a bit of a pack rat. But I'm actually having a bit of fun going through everything. I feel like I was actually a fairly creative little child - as were my brothers and sister. Despite my current artistic shortcomings, I actually had some talent as a child - with a bit of a proclivity towards paintings in the Jackson Pollack style. My only wish is that my teachers had left notes explaining what my paintings were supposed to be. I think that would be quite interesting.

Today was an uneventful day. I went to Curves with my mum - circuit training for women. I felt a little out of place there! But at least I wasn't sitting on my ass all day. Tonight we're going for dinner and then to Capote - which I am looking forward to.

I'm copying this link from Kelsey's blog - I remember learning about the Johari Window when I was in high school, training to be a peer counsellor. I've never actually made one for myself though, so I'm interested to see the results. If you wish to participate, click here.
Signing off for today, can't wait to be back in Cowtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home