Alive and Well and Living in Absentia

The Dharma Bum: Part Deux

Saturday, April 08, 2006

I.B.S. (Irritable Bastard Saturday)

All of you out there in blog land would be so proud of me. I've actually left the house three weekends in a row now! Can you believe it?! Last night I ventured out to Ming for Buddhas with the cantankerous Kelsey. Aside from all the Flames fans taking up all the parking spaces, it was a very engaging evening. Lots of interesting people to watch and one hell of a hamburger. Afterwards my cousin called me up on a whim to go see "The Benchwarmers" which was so funny that I almost choked on my popcorn - twice. I don't think I stopped laughing for the entire movie. I know, I know.... most people think those movies are stupid - but it's about baseball (which I love) and it has that silly guy from Napoleon Dynamite in it. Besides, it's one of those weeks where my brain is starting to resemble the fried egg that resembles a brain on drugs - and it's only going to get worse from here. Go see it if you're bored. It was funnier than Old School.

I am at work right now and having one of those days where customers annoy the shit outta me. Must I hear every one of their life stories?! I went upstairs to hide out at the special orders desk, but my solace was short lived. Right now there is a guy wandering around - looks pretty normal - except that he's talking to himself. At least he's not humming - I think the sound of someone humming would send me right over the edge.

This afternoon I am taking a long haul out to DeWinton for Candice's baby shower. I never fit in at her shindigs - I'm the persistently single one with no money - but I love Candice and Sean and they keep calling me "Aunti Autumn" which I am a sucker for, so of course I have to go. Besides, I've picked out the best baby shower gift ever. I'll show those hoity-toity's. (I'm feeling obscenely competitive this week - not sure why.)

Oh yeah - go out and get the "Show Your Bones" cd by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It's really good. More make out music to stockpile for the day that I am no longer single. Just kidding.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger dean said...

Thanx for the interesting blog Autumn! I'm currently working on a 2500 word essay on suffering, I needed a little break.

Candice is pregnant?! Wow, tell her congrats for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home